Welcome to Oak Class
Welcome to our Oak Class page! This is the space for everything related to our Reception/Year 1 class at Sampford Peverell C of E Primary School. My name is Mr Vernon and I am your teacher and our Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage One Lead.
Our philosophy is for children to become enthusiastic, independent learners who love to come to school every day. To achieve this, we have a mixture of adult-guided activities, outdoor time and enhancements in our continuous provision, which the children access in freeflow throughout the day. Play is at the centre of all learning, as it is the way to achieve the best outcomes. Children love to play, whether that be using construction, role play, messy and sensory play, mark-making and beyond!
Please read the following for key information about Darwin class and routines:
* At the start of every term, this web page will update with a few suggestions of what you can choose to do at home to enrich the learning they have been doing in school for the various topics we cover. Please check and have a go at the activities!
* Tapestry is the online platform that we use for our Reception aged children. It is where we share your child's learning so please check Tapestry regularly and add observations of your own. These can be important occasions, fun days out and any learning they do at home.
* Oak Class have PE once a week and we ask that your child come to school dressed in their P.E kit on this day. The PE kit list is:
- Black or blue shorts/leggings
- A royal blue round neck T-shirt
- Tracksuits can be worn for colder weather if required
* We have free fruit or vegetables available to the children daily in Oak Class; those under 5 also have free milk provided by Government's Nursery Milk Scheme. Your child will need to bring a water bottle into school every day as we encourage them to drink water in order to keep them hydrated and support their learning.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.